Skip to main content

Night Before

We made it to Whistler and the past three days have been a whirlwind! We're staying in a condo near the village and the location is fantastic. We're so lucky to be up here with such a great group, but you can see the anxiety across our 4 faces during certain points of each day since we got here. Most of our current anxiety is coming from the unpredictable weather. No one is sure how much/when it will rain, what the temperature will feel like on the bike, if we'll need a coat or not and how hot we'll get on the hills. Today our workout was the shortest triathlon of all time. Our swim was cold - no wetsuits today so they wouldn't be wet tomorrow, and the water was super choppy. Our bike ride was during the rainiest part of the day but it was nice to get a feel for how slick the roads would feel. Our run was super short but great for loosening up for tomorrow. We're all nervous but ready to get this done!

If you want to follow me and my team tomorrow- visit this live tracking page to check our progress live! Isaac and I are the only Tyson's in the race - Chelsey White is my sister, and Nathan Hawthorne is our friend we've trained with and got us going in Ironman!


Geeking out in Ironman Village!
 

Athlete briefing

Can't believe we're here!

Jeff Symonds - Isaac's tri man crush - hope he wins tomorrow!


Lululemon had all of our names posted, mine was listed twice
This is how many bags you need for race day - so much gear

Killed it in pro time!
Getting our bikes in T1 setup

Bike Gear bags, 2,000 of them

Bikes in T1
It's so unreal that the race is actually tomorrow. I know it'll get super real at about 6am tomorrow when we arrive at Alta Lake. We're planning to get up tomorrow around 4am, head to the race shuttles around 5:20, and be climbing in the water by 6:45am...

Anxiety... Better go rest up and finish this Netflix marathon we've been indulging in to avoid thinking about tomorrow.

WISH US LUCK!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to Normal Life

"I can't wait to have my normal life back again!" I said that multiple times a week during training. Every time I said that it was after turning down a happy hour after work, a night out downtown with friends, a weekend away... At the time I meant it. I was counting down the days until I could do all of that stuff again. I basically stopped drinking alcohol for 6 months. It was too hard to drink and wake up at 5 am the next day for training. Have you ever tried to run for three hours or bike ride for 5 dehydrated? It sucked constantly turning people down, but I had to. I couldn't wait to finally be able to say yes! While I have thoroughly enjoyed  reconnecting with all the people I care about the last few weeks and am looking forward to more this next week... I still just miss training.  It's a void that I haven't figured out yet how to fill in the next 6 months without training. I've started running in the mornings again, for about an hour or so at a ti

From birthing a baby to Ironman (and KQ) in 15 months

In my mind, doing a full Ironman 15 months after having a baby sounded completely doable. This might sound stupid - but I didn't realize how FULL TIME being a mom is and how difficult the postpartum baby journey could be. It hadn't occurred to me that Isaac and I couldn't train at the same time unless we had someone over watching Chloe. I know that might seem like such an obvious thing to think about, but when I deferred my 2021 Ironman CDA entry (I was 7 months pregnant), it seemed totally doable AND seemed like Isaac should also race with me! After I had Chloe, I had postpartum anxiety. I'm a pretty relaxed person normally who doesn't worry about much. Most things don't phase me - I'm going to end up where I'm supposed to be, if I'm supposed to be there! Motherhood felt like it flipped my world upside down. It was constant stress and I literally felt like I was losing it. I didn't know who I was anymore... I know hormonally things are all over

A Letter to the Addict in My Life

This post is not about running. This post is not about Ironman. It's not uplifting. But it's how I'm feeling and I need to write it down. And I'm sure this will resonate with some. As we approach the holidays, everyone gets so excited to spend time with their loved ones- happy, laughing, fun, warm memories.  While I definitely look forward to spending time with my family, I start to feel dread creep up as we approach this time of year. I start to feel anxious, angry, frustrated. For me, the holidays are a time I have to face the addict in my life. I have to spend my holidays keeping up stupid small talk, avoid bringing up the elephant in the room. It goes against everything I am - I am a blunt, straight forward person that has the hardest time NOT stating what is obviously in front of me. I wish I could tell you, because I want you to know: I am angry. I am frustrated. I am hurt. You are a shell of a person. Every day you choose pills and alcohol over everythi